Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Getting more settled

We are now in our third week as camp hosts. And as with most all things, as you do it more the more easily it comes together.
We have Sundays & Mondays off, so Tuesday is a very busy day for Brenda. I just kind of stay out of her way and work outside.
When the owners bought the campground, they also got a Kubota tractor. It wasn't running when we arrived. I was told that there had been some work done on it, But it still wouldn't run.
The battery was dead, so I charged it. I added some diesel fuel to the tank and it ran really rough for a few minutes, then nothing.
There was a mechanic in the park last week and I asked him to help me with the engine. He took a look, and after a while determined that the fuel system was full of water. I drained the tank change the fuel filters, refilled the tank with fresh fuel and after a few cranks it started and is running great. I now have a way to do some of things I need and want to do here.
There was a lawnmower deck on the tractor and I removed it. So I am able to move around the grounds without difficulty. The trailer needs some work, so I am going to fix that today.
Our nephew from Taiwan was here for the weekend on a business trip. We went over to my sisters house for the evening, Saturday, and had a nice visit.
We went to church Sunday at St. Edwards and met the family for breakfast. 14 of us, so not able to visit much.
Liz and Harry came over for dinner Sunday night and we played a game of chicken foot. Great time.

Until next time.
Ta ta for now.

No comments: