Monday, November 24, 2008

The return of the coach, Finally

We finally got the coach back on Friday. It looks and smells much better with the new carpet and flooring.
We started the week by taking the coach to Best Preowned RVs on Monday. We dropped the coach off and was told we would probably have the coach back by Tuesday night.
There was a mix up with the carpet that we ordered, so we went to Spring Carpet and found a carpet that we liked, bought it and called BPRV to have them pick it up first thing Tuesday. They did not pick up the carpet until Tues. pm. and didn't even start pulling out the old flooring until late Tuesday.
Well, one thing led to another and they finally finished the floor on Friday pm. Brenda and I spent the night in the coach Thursday, and I stayed until they finished. They didn't do a very good job of cleaning the floor, so when I looked to clean it, I found things unfinished. Screws left out, caulking not complete. I don't think that I will recommend these people.
Ted and Donna were very gracious in letting us stay at their home. We stayed until Thursday morning. I am a firm believer in the old adage: "Visitors are like fish, after 3 days both begin to stink." They are some super people, and they even let us bring Cleo with us.
Saturday night, we took some friends from the park to the 'lighting of the doves' at the Woodlands waterway. We met Ted & Donna at their home, as Donna had been working on her Christmas decorations in her home all week, she wanted us to see her work. We all went down to the waterway for the festivities, then decided to order pizza and go back to Ted & Donna's home for Pizza and beer. The six of us had a good time, as there was good food, drink and conversation.
Yesterday, I washed the rig, I didn't realize how dirty this thing was. Tomorrow I will start waxing it, preparing it for our trip west this summer.
We are spending Thanksgiving with my sister. We will go to Rayford for breakfast and visit with some friends. Jay retired on Friday, so it will be good to welcome him into the world of retirement.


Ta ta for now

No comments: