Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Our New Home

We left yesterday morning about 8:25 and headed for PPL to exchange homes.
Ted joined us and rode down with us to do the move.
The drive was easier than when I took the Southwind down for appraisal. It took just over an hour to get there.

We went through the predelivery inspection and we were satisfied that everything that they inspected worked. Then we went to sign all of the paperwork. That went off without a hitch.
Ted used our camcorder and recorded the PDI so that we can refer to it if we need further instructions.

Then the fun began!!!! You just don't know how much stuff you collect until you try to move it.
We parked the RV's door to door and transferring the 'stuff' was pretty easy. Ted and I got way ahead of Brenda as she put the things where she thought they might go. A rush job at best, but serviceable enough for us to leave for home.
We have a lot of work to find places for all of this, and this is a good opportunity to rid ourselves of things we have used rarely or not at all since we started full timing. It will all work out over time.

We got back to the park after dark, which is something that I really don't like to do, and set up with the help of Ted. He is a wonderful friend. He went home after that. I know he was tired, because I was bushed.
Ted helped me put the coach in our spot. I could not see the edge of the pad as it was so dark. We got it right at the edge of the pad.

The new to us coach came with a Sleep Number bed, but both bladders had small leaks in them so we had to exchange the bladders from our old bed. Not something that I wanted to do as tired as I was.

The coach drove wonderfully on the way home, but so much differently than the Southwind. There is a large learning curve in the driving of a diesel engine and air brakes. Ted noted that I did well with the brakes ( no tossing my passengers all over the coach).

Today, we begin organizing both the inside and the basement. This is not going to be a quick process, but we will make it happen. Brenda and I will determine where things go then we will move it to a more convenient place. Trial and error. That will be interrupted as we have the Care, Share and Be Aware Breast cancer Christmas party this evening. And we just don't miss that celebration if we are in town.

There seems to be more storage in the new rig, but in different places. Much more drawer space in the bedroom, but, less space in the Bath area. And the kitchen area is a challenge. We will have to use different strategies in the arrangement.

I will take some better pictures and post them when I find the camera.

Ta ta for now

3 comments:

Barbara said...

So what did you buy? Are you going to have it at Rayford Crossing next week for the Texas Boomers Christmas party?

Barbara said...

Ok, if I wouldn't start with the last post first then I would know what you bought and where it will be parked. Sorry, I haven't been home for a couple of weeks and fell behind on the news.

Carol said...

Dan and I understand the pain of moving to a new unit - you just don't know where to put things - we also have more storage in the bedroom but less in the bathroom. The only advantage we had, that I can see, is the dealer had a campground that we were able to park both rigs in and change over slowly - took us three days to change everything over - so far, we have only had to redo the basement (YEAH!) It will all work out! Good luck and enjoy!