Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Our first stop- Montgomery City, MO

We had a pretty uneventful trip from Bolton to Lazy Day Campground. We drove further than I like to, 370 miles, but most was freeway.
St. Louis was a bit trying with afternoon traffic and some road construction.

This is a very nice park. The sites are level, and the whole CG is landscaped beautifully,
Rally Hall
The lady who owns the park is in love with grasses. She has all kinds, Zebra, Little Dot, Evergold and some I recognize, but can't remember their names. Also many different flowering plants.
I would recommend the place if, if you are traveling on I70 through Missouri.

The weather is cool here and cloudy this morning. It is a nice change to the weather we have been having the last few weeks.

The weather looks a little threatening this morning as we proceed to Little Sioux, IA. We are staying at the Woodlands CG. We stayed there in 2009, while we traveled with Ted & Donna. The park is not spectacular, as I remember, but it is Passport America and we are only there for 1 night.
 


Our site

Ta ta for now.

1 comment:

Ted and Donna said...

Woodlands is the one you had to go around a couple times to get on the right road for pulling in. The water spicket was right where you opened your door, it was muddy and people kept walking through our spots. Other than that, it was OK for $10! Like you said, it is just one night. I think I told you that you "owed" me for that one.