Thursday, May 7, 2009

Brakes fixed

Last week we took the coach to Chuck Hutton Chevrolet to have the brakes looked at and fixed. It appears that the left front brake overheated again and we had to have the wheel bearing replaced again. We had the same bearing go out in Denver in 2007. I knew about the right rear, but was unaware of the LF. We also had the brake fluid changed and I had the calipers lubricated back in Houston. I hope that we can get through this trip without mishap.I am saving all of our receipts, so when Navistar does the recall, we hope to get some of our money back. The brakes have become a very expensive issue with our home.

We have been here for almost 3 months and no GOLF. It appears that we are going to play Sunday, finally. Mike's boys and Mike and I have been so busy or our days off don't mesh, or the weather has been bad, so we couldn't get to play. It is only 2 weeks until we have our annual week of golf.I haven't played since last July when we were here last year. Ted had hurt his back, and I didn't have anyone else to play with. I don't play very well, so I don't enjoy playing by myself. I really play for the camaraderie.

Nancy is home and she went to the doctor today to remove some of the accouterments left from her surgery. I hope that she will be able to resume eating after almost a year.

Looking forward to our summer trip. I sent off our weigh-in form to IRV2 for the national rally.
So we are set for that. It will be nice to see Ted and Donna again and a week later seeing Jay & Stella.

We are also looking forward to seeing our daughters, Fred and Lindsay. We will meet them in Idaho on the 12th of August and head back to the Seattle area. Hopefully my son Alex will join us somewhere on our trip to Monroe.

Ta ta for now

No comments: