Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Rally Day 3

I got up early as usual and searched our e-mail and made coffee. Brenda stayed in bed, then at 7:30 I went over for coffee with the mayor. We enjoyed good coffee and good company and the conversation is improving as we all learn to get to know one another.

The weather started out beautifully in the morning, so Ted washed his truck & trailer. Before he finished the clouds started rolling in and before the night was through it started to rain. Ted brought the rain (just kidding).

We had gotten the weight sheets the night before and it showed we were heavy to the right rear. I decided to move things around in the bays and threw a few things away that were not in use any more. I hope this exercise improves the handling of the coach. It was a little harder to drive than before so I hope this helps.

While Ted and I were doing our thing, the girls went out looking for chicken legs for Donna's contribution to pot luck. They not only came home with chicken legs, they had stopped at a thrift store and bought a pair of jeans for Brenda and precut materials for a quilt Brenda wants to make.

We went over the the pavilion for pot luck dinner, as usual there was plenty of food. We had Donna pick up some Chappel Hill sausages in Houston before they left, and I cooked them on the grill and they were a hit as was Donna's bbq chicken legs.

We had our pictures taken for the rally CD then the four of us went over to the Amish buggy that is sitting by the office to take our pictures in the buggy. Ted and Donna wore Amish hats while Brenda & I wore cowboy hats. We went to the game room and took pictures of the huge bear there. We don't know the story of how it got there but it is huge.

Jungle Terry and Friends came to entertain us and he brought lots of exotic animals. He brought turtles, tortoises, hedge hog, as well as reptiles. I personally like the furry ones much more that the reptiles. He has a great personality and the kids really liked him as he got them involved with holding and touching the animals.

Brenda, Ted and Donna then went over to the pavilion for the movie RV. Donna left early, but Ted and Brenda stayed until the end. I'm not much of a movie person and I can't stand slapstick so I went on home. I had tried to watch it before, but I just couldn't watch it.

We have a busy day planned today, with many activities. Looking forward to it.

Ta ta for now.

No comments: