Thursday, February 7, 2013

Updating Our Lives

In the last post I mentioned that I started weightwatchers on line. I have lost 6 pounds in the last 4 weeks. Rick has done better than me but he is more active than I am. I have noticed a change in our diet habits. Instead of eating cookies, we grab fruit. We are eating more vegetables and fruit and not as much bread. Time will tell if the diet lasts with us. Our desire is to lose weight and keep it off.

I have been busy using my sewing machine lately. My sister, Bev, has a granddaughter now and she thought the burp cloths Lauren ( her Daughter-In-Law) was using was not big enough. She bought some cloth diapers that have a triple layer center in them and decided they needed to be a little softer. Bev and I made a trip to Hancock Fabrics and bought flannel material to cover them. I will spare you of all the details of how it was made and have you picture a placemat that has 3 sections on it. We thought they were great and we dreamed of going into business creating them, but once again reality prevailed. Bev does not have the time and I don't want a deadline. We did come up with a use when they no longer need the burp rags. If they are not too stained up, they can be used as a placemat for the highchair. Let them drip and play in their food all they want and afterwards you pick up the placemat and empty the wasted food in the garbage. How simple is that?

Rick's brother, Mike, had surgery about 3 weeks ago. He had his right rotator cuff repaired. He is having to go to physical therapy 3 days a week. He is healing very well. He hopes to come out of the sling by next weekend. Wish him luck.

While he is recuperating, he is lining up all the permits needed for a doublewide manufactured home to be placed on the stable property so we can move out of the motorhome. They have had someone check for the septic tank and type of soil on the property. We hope in the next couple of weeks that things will progress so that we will have moved out of the motorhome by summertime. Keep your fingers crossed.

Rick is anxious to move in and be able to spread out a little. I kind of like the idea myself. We did go on a hunt for a table and chairs a few weeks ago. We found an oak table with 4 chairs and was able to squeeze them into Mike's and Barb's storage unit. I can not wait to try them out.

Speaking of trying out. I picked up my bike on Tuesday. I rode it around the parking lot for about 10 minutes and brought it home. I rode it yesterday for about 15 minutes. I will slowly get used to riding a bike again. As  I ride my bike around the area,  I realize  how afraid of falling I  have become. When I go to make a turn I panic that I can't make the turn and I will fall. Maybe if I ride a little each day I will feel better about falling.

We have been changing our permanent address here. I had not remembered how much of an effort it is to put in a change of address to bills and direct deposits . Rick started about 2 weeks ago and he is still working on it. I have to pat him on the back, he does well on handling the little things that need changing.

On that note I will bid you adieu(?). keep us in your prayers and let us hear from you.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Glad that things are going well - hope the weight watchers goes well (I'm thinking of doing the same - we shall see). Much luck with the move!