Monday, December 29, 2008

Temporary move day

Today we are going over to Rayford Crossing for a week. We will commute back and forth for the time we are there. It will be good to spend some time with our boomer friends over New Year.

Christmas was spent at my sisters house. My niece from Taiwan and her four daughters spent their last Christmas, for a while, here. They are returning to Taiwan in January. They have been here most of two years. Mag is learning how to home school. They are not Taiwanese citizens, so they are not allowed to go to school over there. They must go to the American school or home school. The American school is very expensive and no discount for multiple students. All 4 girls are in school.
They are lovely children, very loving and well disciplined. My sister and her husband will miss them dearly.

My sisters youngest daughter, her husband and their 2 daughters spent Christmas with us also.
They are doing a major kitchen remodel, so they are temporarily staying with my sister.

We decided that there would be no gift exchange between the adults, but the kids had a great visit from Santa and a fun filled gift exchange between each other. Since the Taiwanese girls are leaving, their gifts were small, so they could be taken with them.

Dinner was superb as always. My sweet sister made one of my favorite pies. I especially like mincemeat pie and I haven't had it for several years. Since my dad passed away, I am the only one who really likes it. I only eat it at Christmas, so this was a special treat.

The park is running smoothly. We are full and will remain so until after the first of Jan.
The owners ordered more picnic tables, so I have been busy putting them together. Brenda has been pretty slow, with few inquiries, so her days have been long.

Thanks to everyone who have been following our blog. It will get more interesting as we continue our travels throughout this wonderful and beautiful country.

Ta ta for now

No comments: