Thursday, February 5, 2009

Another evening with more old friends

As we wind down our time here, we have had time to reflect on how lucky we are to have great friends and family. We have a multitude of friends from our previous life, and we are making new friends in our present lifestyle (fulltime RVing).
It is also nice that my siblings and I are friends and as close as we are.



We were invited Tuesday night to a get together with some of my old coworkers from the hospital.
We all met at Jeri's home where we had snacks, dessert and coffee. There was good conversation and we thoroughly enjoyed each others company. Sandy, Liz and I worked together for over 15 years. Most of the spouses were there so it made for an interesting evening as I wasn't the only male there.




As stated before, our time here winds down. We are leaving on a leisurely trip for Memphis in less than 2 weeks . I am going to help my brother with his nursery business again this year.
We are scheduled to participate in 3 local nursery shows. I thoroughly enjoy those shows although I'm the "grunt guy". I can and will talk to most anyone, but I don't know enough about these grasses to try to sell them. I am learning, though.

We also are looking forward to seeing Brenda's family. Since we are both retired, it has become easier to visit them much more often than when we were working and living in our brick & stick house.

We are eagerly anticipating returning to Nativity parish for church on Sundays. The people are so friendly and welcoming. We enjoy the "Breakfast Club" on Sunday mornings after church.

The owners of the RV park that we have been managing have asked us to come back next fall to manage the park for them. Brenda wants to come back so we told them that we would return in October or November. It has been an interesting experience. Maybe next year there will be more to do to keep me busy.

Ta ta for now

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We can't wait to see you guys again.See ya soon!!!


Brian