Tuesday, July 21, 2009

1880 Train Ride

We have been so busy that I forgot about the train ride from Hill City to Keystone.
Here are a few pictures that we took on the train.

The ride is about 15 miles and takes right at an hour to go one way. We saw some deer on the way and we saw Jackalope dens all over the place, but no active Jackalopes. We only saw stuffed ones in stores.

We spent about 3 hours in Keystone, which is the town associated with Mt. Rushmore. It is a nice little town with many shops and friendly people.
We went into one shop and the lady asked Ted if he was a veteran. He said no but I was. This nice lady was so appreciative of the service that veterans have given, that she gave me a hat that read 'Vietnam Veteran and proud of it'. That was so very nice of her. She asks every man who comes into her shop if they are veterans. The people of South Dakota are so friendly and patriotic that the rest of the country could take lessons.
While we in Keystone, Ted and I found knives for really good price. I have been looking for a good knife since we have been on this trip and I finally found one for the price I wanted to pay. The price was so good and the quality was so good that I bought 2 and Ted bought 3.

The ride back to Hill city was much less crowded that the trip up, but that was the last train of the day.
We really enjoyed the trip.

Ta ta for now
Posted by Picasa

No comments: