Friday, March 16, 2012

Brenda finds work, YEA YEA

God works in mysterious ways. I have been looking for a job to boost our savings and had mentioned to a church friend that I was having no luck finding anything. My friends husband is co owner of a bike shop and he needed some help in his busy months. He told me to come see him on Tuesday and we can discuss what he was looking for in an employee.

I met the owners of Bikes Plus on Tuesday. They explained what the job entails and what the needs were. We talked for an hour about my experience and they decided to give me a chance to try a new skill. I stayed and was given a tour of the store. I was even given a taste of what I will be doing. Needless to say, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I reported to work yesterday. My day started off a little slow because I had to be shown how to enter sales and repairs. I also was introduced to special order sales. There will be many times I will have to complete order forms and repair slips. I am looking forward to embracing my new skill.

I will be shadowing the salespersons for the next few weeks so that I can learn the merchandise and how to listen to what the customers needs are. I will be on their heels picking up bits and pieces of information about how a bike works and what type of bike a person would be comfortable with. I was given a few books about the bikes they carry and it was very helpful. Now I just need to soak up all the information I can from the salesmen.

We don't work on commission. It is straight salary. There is no cut throat selling. You are there to help the customer. I wish all jobs were like that.

I am looking forward to an interesting stay here at Bikes Plus. I will keep you informed as to how I am doing on the job.

Tata for now

No comments: